Sun West School Division Sport-related Extra-curricular Activities Guidelines
Along with students, parents/guardians and community members, Sun West is thrilled that students can again engage in sports and other extra-curricular activities. Sun West has developed guidelines in line with the recommendations of provincial and regional health authorities and sport governing bodies for extra-curricular sport activities conducted at Sun West schools. The guidelines are for student athletes, coaches and spectators and are in accordance with Sun West’s Safe School Plan. Click here to read the plan.
- Universally recognized measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 will be in place at all sporting events. These include:
- athletes, coaches and spectators are to self-monitor and if they are unwell, not attend. The Online COVID-19 Self-assessment Tool is an effective way to self-monitor;
- hand hygiene is crucial to preventing the spread of COVID-19 and all participants must wash their hands and use hand sanitizer;
- sharing equipment will be minimized and equipment will be sanitized as much as possible between uses;
- physical distancing must be considered.
- Prekindergarten to Grade 6 student athletes are required to wear masks when participating in indoor sports.
- Grades 7-12 student athletes are required to wear masks indoors when they are not involved in competition.
- Spectators are required to wear masks while indoors.
- Competition with schools outside of Sun West School Division is permitted. When attend sport events in other school divisions, participants and spectators are to follow the safety guidelines of the host school and division unless Sun West guidelines exceed that of the host.
- For the purpose of contact tracing, all participants and spectators at events are required to sign in upon arrival.
We are looking forward to having our students re-engage in activities that are important to their social, emotional and physical well-being. Thank you for adhering to these guidelines as we begin a much-awaited return to sport.
For more information contact: email@example.com